This article was posted by The KCM Crew on December 23, 2014:
There’s No Place Like HomeThe top 4 reasons to own a home cited by respondents were not financial.
1. It means having a good place to raise children & provide them with a good educationFrom the best neighborhoods to the best school districts, even those without children at the time of purchasing their home, may have this in the back of their mind as a major reason for choosing the location of the home that they purchase.
2. You have a physical structure where you & your family feel safeIt is no surprise that having a place to call home with all that means in comfort and security is the #2 reason.
3. It allows you to have more space for your familyWhether your family is expanding, or an older family member is moving in, having a home that fits your needs is a close third on the list.
4. It gives you control over what you do with your living space, like renovations and updatesLooking to actually try one of those complicated wall treatments that you saw on Pinterest? Want to finally adopt that puppy or kitten you’ve seen online 100 times? Who’s to say that you can’t in your own home?
The 5th reason on the list, is the #1 financial reason to buy a home as seen by respondents:
5. Owning a home is a good way to build up wealth that can be passed along to my familyEither way you are paying a mortgage. Why not lock in your housing expense now with an investment that will build equity that you can borrow against in the future?
Bottom LineWhether you are a first time homebuyer or a move-up buyer who wants to start a new chapter in their life, the holiday season is a great time to reflect on the intangible factors that make a house a home.
Courtesy of the KCM Blog.